About Academy Soccer
In the Fall of 2010, Charlotte United joined the NCYSA Academy Program, along with five major clubs in the Charlotte Metro area. The focus of the Academy is player development and player retention. More than 73% of all children who play organized youth sports end up quitting by the time they reach the age of 13 (Time Magazine, July 12, 1999). The two reasons children give up sport: 1. It is no longer fun. 2. Too much pressure.
Philosophy: The Academy Program philosophy is to emphasize player development over team development and focus on the technical development of each child without the pressures of short term wins/losses/results.
- CUFC will have an established yearly curriculum for its Academy Program.
- The Academy Director will hold a National Youth License.
- All Academy Program coaches will hold an NCYSA Youth II Module license.
- We will place players in specific team groupings base on each individual player’s needs. We will continue to play games against teams in the Charlotte area. However, these games will be played under Academy rules, no standings. We also have the option of playing out of town teams. For these games we can choose to pool our affiliate players just as we do now with our U10 Academy Program. We also have the freedom to move players to other teams as required, e.g. during the difficult spring break period when some families are out of town.
- Each player will receive a minimum two written evaluations per year.
- Players that are U8 thru U10 for the 2016-2017 Spring/Fall season are eligible for the Academy Program.
- Players with be provided a minimum of two practices per week.
- Training consists of two sessions per week and is based on individual player needs. We have a very experienced and highly qualified staff of coaches and this format will allow them to spend more “on the field time” with all our U8/U9/U10 players.
Teams: Will be formed, however we have the option to move players when teams are short. We also have the option to mix our players for any special event.
Game Day: Games will be scheduled on the same day each weekend and within a window of time slots. This will allow families to better plan their other family activities. It will also allow DOC’s to see more games.
The Academy Program is supported by US Youth Soccer and the United States Soccer Federation.
Questions: Contact Bryan Mogford via Email!