Charlotte United is accepting coaches for all of our age groups!
All Recreational Coaches are volunteers (generally parents) who teach the basic skills necessary to perform on the field of play, as well as foster a supportive and fun environment for the players. There are discounts available for head coach's child. Volunteers are an integral part of the operations of any club. Without volunteers many functions within the club would not be performed properly.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer coach or joining our recreation program please review the following requirements:
- It is mandatory that all CUFC Coaches pass a background check through the North Carolina Youth Soccer Association
- You must be able to coach approximately 8 weekly 1-hour practice sessions.
- You must be available to coach games on primarily Saturdays. Some Sunday games may occur.
- Coordinate team communication or designate a Team Parent
- Communicate any issues right away to Bryan Mogford at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow CUFC Code of Conduct Policy at all times.
Mandatory Pre-Season Coaches Meeting & Field Clinic
- Coaches Pre-season Meeting: Time and Location TBD
- Field Clinic & Equipment Pick Up w/ Director of Coaching Bryan Mogford, Date, Time and Location TBD
Both sessions are mandatory. Equipment will be handed out at the dates listed above.
Optional Training: USSF F License (2 hour online course $25.00) upon being certified will be reimbursed.
Lesson Plans: Director of Coaching Bryan Mogford provides coaches with lesson plans for the season plus any guidance needed.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact:
CUFC Recreational Soccer