In the Fall of 2011, Charlotte United introduced our U7 and U8 program, the Pre-Academy.
This program is for 6 and 7 year old boys and girls. We offer the Pre-Academy at three different locations; Speed (based out of the Freedom and Randolph Park area), Harris Y (based out of the Harris YMCA), and Hellenic (based out of the McKee Road area).
Pre-Academy teams practice twice a week and play a 40-minute game on Sunday afternoons in a 4v4 format.
Questions: Contact Bryan Mogford via Email!
The Philosophy: To emphasize player development and focus on the technical development of each child without the pressures of short-term wins/losses/results, all within a fun environment.
The Pre-Academy teams have no more than 6 players per team and they play a 4v4 format for games. This maximizes the amount of touches each player gets on the ball at practice and in the games.
- CUFC coaches use a program of small group activities and individual ball skills that are fun, developmental and age appropriate.
- The Academy Director will hold a National Youth License.
- All Academy Program coaches will hold an NCYSA Youth II Module license.
- Each player will receive a minimum of two written evaluations per year.
- Players that are U7 thru U8 for the 2013-2014 Spring/Fall season are eligible for the Pre-Academy Program. Players born between 8/1/06 and 7/31/07 are U7. Players born between 8/1/05 and 7/31/06 are U8.
- Players will be placed in practice groups of 12 based on individual needs.
- Players will be provided two practice sessions per week.
Teams: From the practice groups of 12 we will form two groups of 6 to play in the 4v4 games. We have the option to move players within the group as required, e.g. during the difficult Spring break period when some families are out of town.
- Games will be scheduled on the same day each weekend, Sunday afternoon, and within a window of time slots. This will allow families to better plan their other family activities.
- The game day schedule will be posted on the CUFC website.
- Games will be “in house” (Harris Y, Speed and Hellenic teams)
- Games are 4v4, no goalkeepers.